From: Jeremy Kitchen <kitchen@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Compiling mod_php with postgresql support without emerging postgres ?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:36:59
1 Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2
3 >Hi all,
4 >
5 >I'm trying to build a webserver with php to serve dynamic content.
6 >This website uses a postgresql database, so mod_php obviously needs postgresql
7 >support. The only way I know to do this is to enable the postgres use flag
8 >for the mod_php build.
9 >
10 >However this triggers the postgresql emerge, which I don't need because
11 >postgresql is already installed on a dedicated server.
12 >
13 >I've tried injecting postgresql but that cause the mod_php ebuild to fail due
14 >to lack of headers.
17 exactly.
18
19 >Eventually I emerge both (mod_php & postgresql) and unmerged postgresql
20 >afterwards.
23 that probably won't work because you need the libraries. Also when you
24 go to upgrade php it will fail, even if this particular build works in
25 that manner.
26
27 -Jeremy
30 Jeremy Kitchen ++ Systems Administrator ++ Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.
31 jeremy@××××××.com ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 847.492.0470 int'l
32 kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail