From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Compiling mod_php with postgresql support without emerging postgres ?
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:21:03
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm trying to build a webserver with php to serve dynamic content.
4 This website uses a postgresql database, so mod_php obviously needs postgresql
5 support. The only way I know to do this is to enable the postgres use flag
6 for the mod_php build.
7
8 However this triggers the postgresql emerge, which I don't need because
9 postgresql is already installed on a dedicated server.
10
11 I've tried injecting postgresql but that cause the mod_php ebuild to fail due
12 to lack of headers.
13
14 Eventually I emerge both (mod_php & postgresql) and unmerged postgresql
15 afterwards.
16
17 Is that the way to do it ? Suggestions ?
18
19 Grtz Ramon
20 --
21 ramon@××××××××××.nl