From: Christian Parpart <cparpart@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] apache2 + ssl + multiple virtual hosts
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:38:26
1 On Saturday 04 September 2004 5:00 pm, Zrubecz Laszlo wrote:
2 > 2004-09-04, szo keltezéssel 13:14-kor Christian Parpart ezt írta:
3 > > Wildcarding doesn't really help right here, because the vhosts are not
4 > > all under the same domain, so, not a general solution here :(
5 >
6 > In this case you can't run more then one virtualhost with the same
7 > listening address.
8 >
9 > What you can do:
10 > - use IP besed virtual hosts
11
12 That's to bad, I've just one IP, and more IPs cost money I do not have ;(
13
14 > - use different listening port for virtualhosts
15
16 That's an idea, however, I do not prefer this, as it's not really intuitive.
17
18 I'm still wondering about the technical side, AS I do not understand *why* the
19 web server can just serve one webserver certificate per (IP:PORT) pair.
20
21 If someone usefull bookmark for me, I'd be pleased to read on them :)
22
23 Although, Apache, shall complain if this violates some https-design - as it
24 obviousely doesn't. The only thing he is complaining is about not matching
25 CN's when they REALLY ARE different to current <VirtualHost> context.
26 So now, it didn't. Strange.
27
28 Regards,
29 Christian Parpart.
32 19:28:37 up 14 days, 7:08, 3 users, load average: 2.41, 2.17, 1.40