From: "R. David Murray" <rdmurray@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 19:12:32
1 On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:32:29 -0700, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 5/25/2011 10:46 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:19:15 -0700, kashani<kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > >> I usually make lists.mydomain.com a virtual domain in Postfix and hand
5 > >> the whole thing to mailman. Simpler than adding individual aliases to
6 > >> Mailman each time you create a list.
7 > >
8 > > Could you share your config for doing this? I did my setup by following
9 > > the mailman/postfix docs, so right now my config has repeated entries
10 > > for the virtual domain and the root domain, and while I don't see why I
11 > > should need the root domain addresses, that's the way mailman seems to
12 > > want to do it.
13 >
14 > Piecing my config back together it looks like I didn't make it a
15 > virtual domain which makes sense in my config.
16 >
17 > mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost,
18 > lists.badapple.net
19 >
20 > All the other domains are virtual in Mysql which I don't think works at
21 > all with Mailman.
22
23 Ah, I see. Since I've got more than one 'lists' subdomain (for
24 different top level domains), I don't think that will work for me.
25 (Although it might...I'll have to give it some thought at some point).
26
27 Maybe Mailman3 will support this more directly.
30 R. David Murray http://www.bitdance.com