From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 18:05:02
1 On 5/25/2011 10:46 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:19:15 -0700, kashani<kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> On 5/25/2011 7:31 AM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 >>>> From: Ramon van Alteren<ramon@××××××××××.nl>
5 >>>> Date: 2011-05-25 19:16
6 >>>
7 >>>> mailman ?
8 >>>
9 >>> Doesn't mailman require access to the mail spool dir?
10 >>>
11 >>> Or am I reading the docs wrong... @_@
12 >>
13 >> It doesn't. Assuming Postfix you can just add it to your aliases. You
14 >> might need to do a bit more, but that's all that's left of my old
15 >> Mailman config at the moment.
16 >>
17 >> # mailman settings
18 >> # alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
19 >> alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
20 >>
21 >> I usually make lists.mydomain.com a virtual domain in Postfix and hand
22 >> the whole thing to mailman. Simpler than adding individual aliases to
23 >> Mailman each time you create a list.
24 >
25 > Could you share your config for doing this? I did my setup by following
26 > the mailman/postfix docs, so right now my config has repeated entries
27 > for the virtual domain and the root domain, and while I don't see why I
28 > should need the root domain addresses, that's the way mailman seems to
29 > want to do it.
30
31 Piecing my config back together it looks like I didn't make it a
32 virtual domain which makes sense in my config.
33
34 mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost,
35 lists.badapple.net
36
37 All the other domains are virtual in Mysql which I don't think works at
38 all with Mailman.
39
40 kashani