From: "R. David Murray" <rdmurray@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:08:52
1 On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:19:15 -0700, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On 5/25/2011 7:31 AM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
3 > >> From: Ramon van Alteren<ramon@××××××××××.nl>
4 > >> Date: 2011-05-25 19:16
5 > >
6 > >> mailman ?
7 > >
8 > > Doesn't mailman require access to the mail spool dir?
9 > >
10 > > Or am I reading the docs wrong... @_@
11 >
12 > It doesn't. Assuming Postfix you can just add it to your aliases. You
13 > might need to do a bit more, but that's all that's left of my old
14 > Mailman config at the moment.
15 >
16 > # mailman settings
17 > # alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
18 > alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
19 >
20 > I usually make lists.mydomain.com a virtual domain in Postfix and hand
21 > the whole thing to mailman. Simpler than adding individual aliases to
22 > Mailman each time you create a list.
23
24 Could you share your config for doing this? I did my setup by following
25 the mailman/postfix docs, so right now my config has repeated entries
26 for the virtual domain and the root domain, and while I don't see why I
27 should need the root domain addresses, that's the way mailman seems to
28 want to do it.
29
30 To the OP: you could also use getmail or fetchmail to pull incoming
31 mail via POP or IMAP and feed it to the relevant mailman programs,
32 but you'll have to write your own script for setting up the relevant
33 configuration for the various mailboxes (or do it by hand if you have
34 a limited number of lists). I can't think of any way in which mailman
35 accesses the system mail spool, it is all alias-piped-to-program driven.
38 R. David Murray http://www.bitdance.com