From: William Delamore <wdelamore@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Oracle 9.2 installation
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:02:26
1 Support wanted for Oracle on Gentoo
2
3 Although not certified by Oracle we want to run our Oracle Enterprise
4 Manager Database/server on Gentoo Linux.
5 We have installed Oracle 9.2.0.1 succesfully twice on two different
6 systems. These systems were build from Gentoo 1.4 rc4.
7 The only modification we made was adding an extra flag in
8 $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk
9 Satisfied with the results (ie running databases) we prepared a bigger
10 system for the real thing.
11 This time Gentoo 1.4 was released and after upgrading the kernel (from
12 2.4.20 to 2.4.21) of little test systems we decided to use
13 the newly downloaded 1.4 CD's. We did a stage 3 installation and
14 prepared the system for the Oracle installation.
15 Emerged lib-compat, adjusted semaphore and shared memory values, and
16 then started the Universal installer with the newly created
17 oracle user. So far so good.
18 Install goes fine but in the linking part at 83% we get error (1): Error
19 invoking target ioracle of makefile
20 /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk.
21 Ignored this then the error and then we get a similar error (2)with
22 $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib/ins_ctx.mk. Tried the workaround by changing this
23 file by adding
24 a -ldl flag. But this time this does not work. Again ignored and error
25 (1) occurs again. ..Ignored and the installer finished with the exit
26 code of Linking succesfull :-\
27
28 Created an iTAR at Oracle Metalink but they will not help. Cased closed.
29 We use the kernel 2.4.21 (vanilla-sources) and glibc 2.3.2-r1. Does
30 anybody know what has been changed in 1.4 compared to 1.4_rc4 ?
31 Our little test system based on 1.4_rc4 is now on the same level as a
32 basic 1.4 system and the Oracle database still runs there.
33 However did not try to relink all.