From: xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Mirroring configuration
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 01:11:53
1 I currently use Unison every 30 minutes to copy over my Apache stuff,
2 while MySQL is running on the backup box as a slave to the primary box,
3 which works beautifully. Unison tends to really hog the CPU power of both
4 boxes during sync, and root has to have unobstructed ssh (priv/pubkey)
5 access from/to each box. This may not be the best way of doing things, but
6 just an idea.
7
8 Possibly I might switch to rsync for the Apache stuff. What do you guys
9 think?
10
11 Best of luck to you!
12