From: "Ryan James R." <rinkydinksrj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Apache2 Virtual Hosting
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:31:18
1 I am trying to accomplish a mass virtual hosting server where each
2 website is run from it's own user account. Now I've accomplished
3 putting the websites into user's ~/public_html directories but Apache
4 is still running as it's own user so php file managers/admin backends
5 that are run from these sites.
6
7 I took a look at mod_userdir but I'm not sure if that's what I was wanting.
8
9 >From what I see, I think I need something that will allow apache to
10 spawn with userid of site it is serving. Please correct me if I'm
11 wrong and give as many suggestions as possible.
14 Ryan James
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list