From: Yves Thommes <doc@××××××.lu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache2 Virtual Hosting
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:39:56
1 For PHP you got www-apache/mod_suphp, but it's marked as unstable and i
2 never tested it.
3
4 Otherwise for apache you got the mod_suexec module
5 (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_suexec.html)
6
7 I tried nonne of both and maybe that's not even what you're looking for,
8 but i thought it my help, so there you go.
9
10 yves
13 Ryan James R. wrote:
14 > I am trying to accomplish a mass virtual hosting server where each
15 > website is run from it's own user account. Now I've accomplished
16 > putting the websites into user's ~/public_html directories but Apache
17 > is still running as it's own user so php file managers/admin backends
18 > that are run from these sites.
19 >
20 > I took a look at mod_userdir but I'm not sure if that's what I was wanting.
21 >
22 > From what I see, I think I need something that will allow apache to
23 > spawn with userid of site it is serving. Please correct me if I'm
24 > wrong and give as many suggestions as possible.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Ryan James
32 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list