From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Directory Tree and CounterIntuitive Usernames [Was] Re:Cyrus-Imapd
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:03:21
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2
3 > I've yet to try out virtdomain:userid in cyrus. I wonder if that will
4 > make a difference.
5
6 Using cyrus-imapd-2.2.12 and virtdomains: userid is the least confusing
7 configuration I could figure out.
8
9 It takes some getting used to the weird syntax when creating mailboxes and
10 folders:
11
12 localhost> cm user.joeblow@××××××××.com
13
14 Creates joeblow@××××××××.com, which is their login id. Now to create
15 folders for joeblow@××××××××.com:
16
17 localhost> cm user.joeblow.Sent@××××××××.com
18 localhost> cm user.joeblow.Trash@××××××××.com
19
20 The folders are stored in:
21
22 /var/spool/imap/domain/w/wherever.com/j/user/joeblow
23
24 Intuitive? Hell no, backwards as hell if you ask me!
25
26 Which is why I opted for storing users in mysql and the autocreate patches.
27 Create the user in the database and send them an email, the folders are
28 automatically created.
29
30 Example imapd.conf entries for autocreation of the folders, subscripts, and
31 quota:
32
33 #
34 # autocreate options. Do not use createonpost unless sendmail
35 # can verify valid addresses before delivery.
36 #
38 createonpost: no
39 autocreateinboxfolders: Sent|Drafts|Trash|Spam
40 autosubscribeinboxfolders: Sent|Drafts|Trash|Spam
43 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list