From: Joey McCoy <ixion@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] livecd
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:06:53
1 This sounds very promising!! :)
2
3 As far as getting the LiveCD for Dummies to work, I have done all that on
4 my home workstations, so will try to review what I've done to get it
5 working and post it here if anyone's interested. I have not read through
6 that thread for fixes, so some of them might be covered in there as well.
7
8 I don't see Vinque in portage.. any chance of submitting an ebuild? :)
11 > You could use Vinque. It's a live-cd based on gentoo of 28M only. This
12 > version locales are configured to spanish. In the next, it's fixed. But
13 > you could test it to see it in action.
14 >
15 > The version 1.0-RC1 is going to be released before April.
16 > There will be a stage4 from you could install new packages. In that
17 > stage there'll be /mnt/vinque that is live-cd content.
18 >
19 > So, you emerges a package and then you copy the necessary files to
20 > /mnt/vinque/. There'll be a tool to rebuild the new cd.
21 >
22 > My idea was create a minimal base where people can install new packages
23 > and so build mini-cds (50 M) to: mmedia, administration/security,
24 > whatever, etc
25 >
26 > When the next version is out, i'll make the documentation
27 >
28 > http://www.vinque.org
31 >> i need to create a very custom livecd for a firewall/router with some
32 >> management tool. on the internet I only found "home" tools and howto.
33 >>
34 >> any suggestions?
35 > --
36 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list