From: capsel <capsel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] disk failure
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:30:06
1 Hi,
2 1h ago on my server partition with / was remounted readonly - its hda1
3 - because disk failure I think.
4 There is somthing in dmesg:
5 EXT3-fs error: (device hda1) in start_transaction: Journal has aborted
6 /tmp is also on hda. When I try to write on / it says it's readonly,
7 but on /tmp it writes successfully.
8 Is it possible that failure of hard disk is only on one partition?? or
9 is it some kind of software failure? All other disks, those heavyly
10 used too, are still working. On / I have whole gentoo with logs, /tmp
11 is on hda2, swap is on hda4 but it wasn't used much and it still
12 works.
13 This failure happend while glibc was qmerged to filesystem... :/
14 please help
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list