From: "Wilkins
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] web administration interface
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:48:43
1 What would the web interface do, or more importantly, what would it do that webmin doesn't do already? I'm not a programmer, but it would seem that writing a module for webmin to handle something like portage administration would be much easier, and probably more quickly result in a more complete administration interface for a gentoo machine. I'm not doubting that one could develop a better web interface or tool than webmin, for Gentoo, just curious.
2
3 Vern
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Paul Kölle [mailto:pkoelle@×××××.com]
8 Sent: Mon 6/27/2005 2:27 AM
9 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
10 Cc:
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] web administration interface
12 Hi, first off I am also interested in such a framework and would like to
13 help out. BTW: Are there any decisions for the language already made
14
15 python: +1
16 php: -1 ;)
17
18 Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
19 > Hi Micheal,
20 >
21 > I am still on it, we are exploring the use of LDAP for the backend over
22 > MySQL. Have been pressured with some other projects lately.
23 I'd strongly advise against using LDAP as the only choice, its complex
24 and sometimes subtle and most ppl are more used to SQL and the
25 relational model. I think backends might be useful here.
26
27 cheers
28 Paul
29 --