From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: Re: Directory Tree and CounterIntuitive Usernames [Was] Re:Cyrus-Imapd
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:03:04
1 On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 08:24 -0600, MIkey wrote:
2 > Ow Mun Heng wrote:
3 >
4 > > Cool. I've downloaded all the patches and the ebuild from the link you
5 > > provided. Will take a closer look into them. (I doubt I'll use your
6 > > shell script since it uses sendmail but heck, it sure as hell looks easy
7 > > the way that's done. Good On You!)
8 >
9 > Someone posted an ebuild here earlier that uses the exact same patches, but
10 > is much better written than mine. You might want to check into it instead.
11
12 Yeah.. Saw that. many Thanks again
15 > how to do the
16 > domain catchall address, fex if an email comes in for unknown user
17 > joeblow@××××××××.com drop it in a specific folder or mailbox. It has to do
18 > with how alias recursion is handled by sendmail, just never got around to
19 > figuring it out.
20
21 Can't help you there. I will eventually use postfix and it seems that
22 web-cyradm can do a catchall address. You just create an email id and
23 that mark that email ID as a catchall address. (Haven't tested it yet..
24 but that's what it says it does)
28 > My setup also does not use pam, it uses mysql directly. At some point it
29 > just gets ridiculous setting up layers upon layers of crap just to get
30 > authenticated (cyrus -> sasl -> pam -> mysql). I just removed an extra
31 > layer ;)
32
33 I see. I read that overall, parsing the queries to mysql can really bog
34 down the server anyway. So, it'll be a "to be looked at" once I get
35 things up and running and when time permits.
38 > If someone else can get it working better, I would love to know
39 > how. So if you do get it working, please share your results with us here.
40
41 I agree. One thing's for certain, we really need more documentation on
42 this setup. (cyrus-imap that is)
43
44 Oh.. by the way, I found out how to create the user@×××××××.com. Both
45 the directory structure and the login id.
46
47 eg:
48 Domain = Domain1
49 Email = User1@×××××××.com
50 Username = user1@×××××××.com
51
52 Mail Spool = /var/spool/imap/domain/domain1.com/user/user1
53
54 Seems like it was a 'limitation' of cyradm. When I saw how you added the
55 user directly via cyradm's cli, I gave it a try and saw that the
56 directories are created properly and all that jazz.
57
58 Also, seems like there _is_ a patch for this. But not sure why it wasn't
59 accepted upstream. The patch is dated April 2004.
60
61 Simple 1 line patch. May break for users
62 http://www.web-cyradm.org/pipermail/web-cyradm/2004-April/017369.html
63 and
64 Will not break if config'ed properly.
65 http://www.shaolinux.org/web-cyradm-0.5.4.new.diff
73 Ow Mun Heng
74 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
75 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
76 Neuromancer 09:57:50 up 2 days, 1:21, 5 users, load average: 0.22, 0.40,
77 0.85
81 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list