From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Re: Re: Directory Tree and CounterIntuitive Usernames [Was] Re:Cyrus-Imapd
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:02:26
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2
3 > I see. I read that overall, parsing the queries to mysql can really bog
4 > down the server anyway. So, it'll be a "to be looked at" once I get
5 > things up and running and when time permits.
6
7 I have run cyrus-imapd in both configurations, one server with between 20
8 and 40K emails daily, 100+ users. Never had any problems, it just worked.
9 I have not, however, benchmarked using mysql for authentication in a high
10 volume environment. It would seem to me, however, that doing lookups via a
11 piped connection to a cached query would be more efficient than filesystem
12 calls. Can't say for sure though. There are some imap proxy utilities to
13 cache connections but I have never messed with them.
14
15 A couple of heads up on the client side....
16
17 The latest kmail has support for sieve, but you have to directly edit the
18 sieve scripts. On the other hand kmail chokes on altnamespace when adding
19 folders. Kmail allows you to set acls on mailboxes but does not support
20 all of the acls in cyrus-imapd, post/admin for examples ;(
21
22 Horde works very well for users maintaining sieve scripts and passwords.
23
24 I have never used web-cyradm, I always used a perl package called
25 webseive.pl, which handles sieve very well as well as password changes,
26 setting acls, etc...
29 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list