From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Portage Maintenance
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:01:49
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2004 12:52 am, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > The size of the portage tree is growing faster than the number of devs that
4 > are around to maintain it. When I first started using Gentoo in February
5 > 2003, there were only ~30,000 files in the Portage tree. Currently, there
6 > are 80,000+ files. I could be wrong, but I don't believe there has been a
7 > 3x jump in developers to go along with that. Volunteer your own time and
8 > become a developer.
9
10 This seems like a great solution, but its not.. Becoming a gentoo developer
11 isnt very easy.. Its not like you can fill out a resume and they hire you..
12
13 Jeff
17 Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)
18 Quote: begin 644 meaningoflife.tex