From: Jason Harley <jharley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] delay init of firewire
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:43:33
1 To get around this issue I usually create /etc/modules.d/network to
2 ensure that each network device gets loaded as the device I expect.
3
4 Assuming (for the sake of example) that you have an Intel-based card, a
5 Realtek-based card and the IEEE1394-device, the file might look
6 something like this:
7
8 # /etc/modules.d/network - ensure expected init. of network devices
9 alias eth0 e100
10 alias eth1 8139too
11 alias eth2 eth1394
12
13 After you've made the file, run 'modules-update' and you should begin to
14 see the behaviour you expect without having to pull any "hotplug
15 voodoo".
16
17 Cheers,
18 ./JRH
19 --
20 Jason Harley < jharley at oanda dot com >
21 Systems Administrator
22 OANDA Corporation
23