From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] php 4 to 5
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:26:50
1 Well, my move from php4 to php5 was pretty anti-climactic. I just unmasked php
2 and emerged. Had to switch to php5 with php-select after that. Then I checked my
3 sites and I haven't found any problems so far.
4
5 Well, there was an error in phpmyadmin that was due to a config issue, but that
6 may have been there for a while... I didn't have my config.inc.php set up right.
7
8 So, if you don't have a lot of custom php, this move should be a snap.
9 (Hopefully I haven't just missed subtle problems.)
10
11 Ben
12
13 Ben Munat wrote:
14 > Hello list,
15 >
16 > So, I know I'm a bad gentoo administrator and all, but I am just getting
17 > around to moving from php 4 to 5. Was wondering if anyone knew of any
18 > gotchas to watch out for or guides to help with the process. Everything
19 > I'm finding through google seems to be about the update from the old php
20 > packages to dev-lang/php, which I did a long time ago.
21 >
22 > It would be really sweet if I could just unmask php and emerge. What are
23 > the chances of it being that easy?
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 >