From: Georges Toth <georges@××××.lu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] php 4 to 5
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:27:16
1 > I have phppgadmin, phpmyadmin, squirrelmail, and postfixadmin (in an
2 > overlay, and unfortunately with some customization) on my machine. I think
3 > at least the first three are php5-ready.
4
5 I "think" postfixadmin is compatible.
6 phpmyadmin is, phppgadmin not sure, and squirrel dunno either....but a quick
7 check on the respective websites will tell :-).
10 > For custom stuff, there is one complete site -- written by my brother --
11 > using php. Hopefully it's not using any php4-specific stuff. I think he
12 > does use some PEAR modules... MDB2, Http_Client, etc. Luckily I think that
13 > site's going to reach end-of-life soon (was an internal site for a research
14 > project), so maybe this update will rush that along. :-)
15
16 If you got scripts using PEAR modules, they don't necessarily brake, it's
17 rather more fancy scripts in general which brake :-).
20 > Now, I should not need to re-emerge the webapps (phpmyadmin, etc.), right?
21 > They don't have any compiled code. I'd rather not deal with the configs if
22 > possible.
23
24 Nope...only pecl + php itself
25
26 I guess as you don't have that much scripts, checking the site for the above
27 mentioned tools and testing with the other custom stuff should do the job.
28 You shouldn't hit too much trouble I guess.
31 Goo luck :-)
37 regards,
38 Georges Toth
39 --