From: KRAFT Benjamin <benjamin.kraft@×××××××××××××.lu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Charset problem with odbc connection on AS400
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:37:04
1 > -----Message d'origine-----
2 > De : Patrick Lauer [mailto:patrick@g.o]
3 > Envoyé : vendredi 9 septembre 2005 16:28
4 > À : gentoo-server@l.g.o
5 > Objet : Re: [gentoo-server] Charset problem with odbc connection on AS400
6 >
7 > On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 16:09 +0200, KRAFT Benjamin wrote:
8 > > Hello the list,
9 > Hi!
10 > > I'm writing here this mail because of incorrect characters displaying
11 > when
12 > > getting informations from one AS400 and trying to display it on a web
13 > page
14 > > with php.
15 > >
16 > > My server is running debian linux, and the unixODBC driver that i
17 > downloaded
18 > > from ibm's web page is the following :
19 > Uhm ... please don't get me wrong, but what does that have to do with
20 > Gentoo?
21 Uhhhh sorry this unixodbc driver is installed on my gentoo box, as it is on
22 my debian testing box.
25 > Both machines involved run "something else" - why don't you ask on the
26 > distribution-specific mailing lists?
27 > > iSeriesODBC-5.1.0-0.16.i386.rpm
28 > [snip]
29 > > Does anyone have a clue ?
30 > I don't, sorry. Maybe you should try to find some documentation from IBM?
31 The IBM documentation doesn't tell about character encoding problems.
32
33 > > Thanks in advance.
34 > Good luck
35 >