From: "Vinícius Ferrão" <viniciusferrao@××××××××××.br>
To: "gentoo-server@l.g.o" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Active Directory Based Authentication?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:53:07
1 Hello Pandu,
2
3 I have done a implementation using a daemon named sssd. It's sponsored by the Fedora Project if I remember correctly.
4
5 It supports 2008r2 AD without much hassle. I've setup everything relying on LDAP for information and Kerberos for authentication. So you don't need things like nss-ldap, nslcd, nscd and other old services. You can handle almost everything with SSSD. And even better: SSSD supports offline server authentication in the case of your AD is down or not reachable at the moment.
6
7 I can send you some links in the night (Brazilian night) when I will be at home.
8
9 Sent from my iPhone
10