From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Active Directory Based Authentication?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 21:27:08
1 On 05/11/2012 09:51 AM, Vinícius Ferrão wrote:
2 > Hello Pandu,
3 >
4 > I have done a implementation using a daemon named sssd. It's sponsored by the Fedora Project if I remember correctly.
5 >
6 > It supports 2008r2 AD without much hassle. I've setup everything relying on LDAP for information and Kerberos for authentication. So you don't need things like nss-ldap, nslcd, nscd and other old services. You can handle almost everything with SSSD. And even better: SSSD supports offline server authentication in the case of your AD is down or not reachable at the moment.
7 >
8 > I can send you some links in the night (Brazilian night) when I will be at home.
9 >
10 > Sent from my iPhone
11 >