From: Sean Wells <sean@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:14:41
1 I use logrotate to loop through the logs daily...I generally only keep a
2 weeks worth or so due to size. It'll automatically remove the old ones just
3 fine in the end.
4
5 Sean Wells
6 Network Administrator
7 Data Mosaics, Inc.
8 2406 S. Dishman Mica Rd. Suite 6
9 Spokane Valley, WA 99206
10 866.904.DMSF (phone)
11 509.928.4236 (fax)
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: david [mailto:abbottdavid@×××××××××.net]
14 Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 1:01 PM
15 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
16 Subject: [gentoo-server]
17
18 What is the right way to clean apache2 logs?
19 /var/log/apache2/access_log and error_log point to
20 /usr/lib/apache2/logs/access_log and error_log
21 I have been cd /usr/lib/apache2/logs
22 rm access_log
23 touch access_log
24 chmod 666 access_log same for error_log
25 I could leave error_log alone because its not very big, I do it to
26 access_log because it is huge and webalizer complains.
27 Should root own these logs or apache?
28 --
29 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
32 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list