From: david <abbottdavid@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache2 logs
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:36:04
1 Sean Wells wrote:
2
3 >I use logrotate to loop through the logs daily...I generally only keep a
4 >weeks worth or so due to size. It'll automatically remove the old ones just
5 >fine in the end.
6 >
7 >Sean Wells
8 >Network Administrator
9 >Data Mosaics, Inc.
10 >2406 S. Dishman Mica Rd. Suite 6
11 >Spokane Valley, WA 99206
12 >866.904.DMSF (phone)
13 >509.928.4236 (fax)
14 >-----Original Message-----
15 >From: david [mailto:abbottdavid@×××××××××.net]
16 >Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 1:01 PM
17 >To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
18 >Subject: [gentoo-server]
19 >
20 >What is the right way to clean apache2 logs?
21 >/var/log/apache2/access_log and error_log point to
22 >/usr/lib/apache2/logs/access_log and error_log
23 >I have been cd /usr/lib/apache2/logs
24 >rm access_log
25 >touch access_log
26 >chmod 666 access_log same for error_log
27 >I could leave error_log alone because its not very big, I do it to
28 >access_log because it is huge and webalizer complains.
29 >Should root own these logs or apache?
32 Thanks looks like what I need, This is just my server here at the house
33 for my stuff, do I need to edit anything?
34 # packages can drop log rotation information into this directory
35 include /etc/logrotate.d
36
37 notifempty
38 nomail