From: Dark <dark@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] linux-headers update?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:14:49
1 You will probably be fine, it's my experience that gentoo is slowly
2 starting to be 100% kernel 2.6 and 0% kernel 2.4.
3 I guess it is the future, but still I like kernel 2.4 better, I know my
4 way around in it by now..
5 But just to be sure, use your package.mask , then you should be fine. Of
6 course backups are always nice to have around ;-)
7
8 /Jakob Rosenlund
9
10 fire-eyes wrote:
11
12 >Yuck. Sorry you had to experience that. I use 2.6 kernels, so I would
13 >assume I'd be fine, but I'll definately be doing a full backup before
14 >hand...
15 >
16 >Anyone think that I wouldn't be fine?
17 >
18 >--
19 >gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
26 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list