From: xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:08:58
1 Thanks for the link! I actually am already using imapproxy, which helped,
2 but Squirrelmail still tends to be so unbearably slow. If I get bored I
3 might switch to cyrus and post back my findings. :)
4
5 > xyon wrote:
6 >> I'm terribly sorry if you've mentioned this before, but maybe you two
7 >> are
8 >> using different clients for IMAP? I notice Courier is lightning fast
9 >> with
10 >> Evolution, but with Squirrelmail it gets extremely slow to respond.
11 >>
12 >> This discussion has, however, sparked my interest. I'm always up for
13 >> better performance. Would Cyrus be worth the trouble to switch?
14 >
15 > I've heard a number of people recommend using Imap Proxy with various
16 > webmail systems to speed things up.
17 > http://www.imapproxy.org/
18 >
19 > kashani
20 > --