From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:51:51
1 xyon wrote:
2 > I'm terribly sorry if you've mentioned this before, but maybe you two are
3 > using different clients for IMAP? I notice Courier is lightning fast with
4 > Evolution, but with Squirrelmail it gets extremely slow to respond.
5 >
6 > This discussion has, however, sparked my interest. I'm always up for
7 > better performance. Would Cyrus be worth the trouble to switch?
8
9 I've heard a number of people recommend using Imap Proxy with various
10 webmail systems to speed things up.
11 http://www.imapproxy.org/
12
13 kashani