From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Cyrus-Imapd - Why is it such a pain to set-up?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 08:21:29
1 I'm battling with cyrus-imapd. For a simple installation that uses
2 system accounts, it's straightforward. But once you go on to virtual
3 domains, it really makes you run in circles.
4
5 After last weekend, I feel like a dog chasing it's own tail. Exhilirated
6 at the action, but not getting anyway.
7
8 Anyway, I'm like 90% there but am wondering how come there's so _little_
9 documentation on cyrus? It's like not many people uses it (configuration
10 headache comes to mind? cyrus-sasl comes to mind?)
11
12 I just want to shoot this email to the list to find out if you guys have
13 better links to documentation for getting things up and running. I've
14 googled and read countless numbers of docs and email messages to get
15 this working. (and it's finally getting there!)
16
17 Are there simpler means to achieving this?
18
19 BTW, http://pookey.co.uk/wiki/imap_benchmark by Ian P. Christian does
20 makes it clear that cyrus and it's internal DB does makes things faster.
21 So, perhaps it's worth it?
22
23 BTW, my setup consists of cyrus-imapd,cyrus-sasl,postfix and web-cyradm.
24 What do you guys use?
27 Ow Mun Heng
28 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
29 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
30 Neuromancer 16:05:01 up 7:28, 4 users, load average: 0.82, 0.35, 0.27
34 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list