From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] does ldap need sasl?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 14:36:01
1 Great, thank you very much for the answer. So SASL, in regard to LDAP,
2 would be the security authentication layer and is a good thing to get
3 working. I'll give it another go!
4 I asked the question because I was having problems querying an ldap
5 directory when sasl was enabled (had to use -x for simple authentication
6 and bypass sasl) so wondered if it was something I could/should live
7 without, or something I need to work at.
8
9 thank very much!!
10
11 Chris