From: Kerin Millar <kerin@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] network load balancing
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:38:47
1 > I'm trying to help a fellow gentoo developer solve a problem he's having.
2 > He is unable to get decent broadband speed where he lives and, for various
3 > reasons, needs to get faster upstream transfer speeds than he can
4 > currently. One thought was to get multiple slower lines and combine them.
5 >
6 > Any network load balancing solutions out there that might help? I've
7 > already checked:
8 >
9 > http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
10 >
11 > But this won't help as it chooses a single route for each transfer. He
12 > needs to find a way to spread traffic across two (or more) links, even for
13 > a single file transfer (like an ISO). So, when transferring a single 1GB
14 > file, he needs a solution that will send packets across each available
15 > link.
16 >
17 > Any ideas/links/suggestions?
18
19 Hi Kurt,
20
21 it sounds like a very tricky premise indeed. However, a casual search
22 yielded this - any good to you?
23
24 http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,10680545~mode=flat
25