From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] network load balancing
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:48:49
1 Hey all --
2
3 I'm trying to help a fellow gentoo developer solve a problem he's having.
4 He is unable to get decent broadband speed where he lives and, for various
5 reasons, needs to get faster upstream transfer speeds than he can
6 currently. One thought was to get multiple slower lines and combine them.
7
8 Any network load balancing solutions out there that might help? I've
9 already checked:
10
11 http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
12
13 But this won't help as it chooses a single route for each transfer. He
14 needs to find a way to spread traffic across two (or more) links, even for
15 a single file transfer (like an ISO). So, when transferring a single 1GB
16 file, he needs a solution that will send packets across each available
17 link.
18
19 Any ideas/links/suggestions?
20