From: Andrea Ferraris <andrea_ferraris@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] lm-sensors problem
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:56:24
1 Hi,
2
3 Mobo: ECS K7S5A Pro with Athlon XP 2000+, 512 MB RAM
4 kernel: gs-sources : 2.4.23_pre8
5 lm-sensors: I don't know because I don't have the PC here. I know that is
6 the last stable, because I updated this morning the system with
7 emerge sync
8 emerge system
9 emerge world
10 ic2: the same
11
12 The problem: I can modprobe and I do
13 i2c-core
14 i2c-dev
15 i2c-proc
16
17 then I get an empty dir either under /dev/i2c , either under /proc/i2c
18 and a lsmod shows the modules loaded.
19
20 If I run sensors-detect I get a no /dev error with the suggestion of trying
21 to run some prog/mkdev.sh script, that I can't find on my hd.
22
23 I tried also to modprobe it81 that could be the sensor of my mobo and it
24 loads, but there are no improvement in the previous behaviours.
25
26 sensors can't find any sensors.
27
28 I tried also to load manually all the modules under
29 /lib/modules/linux-2.4.23_pre8/kernel/drivers/i2c/bus.
30 After that sensors-detect works, but I get some nice kernel oops.
31
32 What can I try? Also a pointer to the right docs is really welcome.
33
34 Andrea