From: Sebastien Arnaud <sebastien@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Console access & auto ignore filesystem error at boot
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:02:50
1 Hi,
2
3 I recently setup a few new Gentoo servers at a datacenter where we host
4 all our production environment. Today, for some reason we had to hard
5 reboot one of them, but it never came back up. A technician had to
6 drive down to the datacenter to see that some corruption had occurred
7 on the disk (reiserfs on the / mount point) and that it was waiting for
8 a root password or Control D to continue.
9 Anyway to change this behavior to make sure that the server always
10 boots and launches the SSH daemon to allow remote access to fix any
11 issues?
12
13 On the same topic, does anybody know how to setup in Gentoo a console
14 access through one of our serial COM ports ? I would like to be able to
15 get access to the console of the Gentoo servers in case for some reason
16 the server does not start properly and does not launch the SSH daemon
17 for remote admin.
18
19 Thank you in advance.
20