From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] can't boot anymore!
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:03:40
1 Hi there, I think I've messed up something in init scripts and
2 probably I'm missing something... btw I have some machines, different
3 hardware, and they all can't boot.
4 When udev is used (as specified in /etc/conf.d/rc) it crashes and
5 disks can't be created, so I have only an emergency shell...
6 If I specify static devices (also in /etc/conf.d/rc) I have fsck
7 working on disks, but later on it freezes on "Caching services
8 dependendecies"... If I interrupt it says that /var/lib/init.d/
9 depcache doesn't exists and /sbin/rc fails with a segfault on "chgrp
10 utmp /var/run/utmp"...
11 I really can't get rid of this... Since I've never touched udev rules
12 or init scripts I guess it somehow has to do with some broken ebuild...
13
14 Any hint?
15
16 Davide Cittaro
17 davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it
20 Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to phish, and if
21 he gets caught he'll be eating that fish through a straw
26 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list