From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Disclaimer to forwarded mails to external domain?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:34:16
1 On 07/31/12 01:57, Vinícius Ferrão wrote:
2 > Hello dudes,
3 >
4 > I'm considering to implement a new feature in my Postfix Mail
5 > Filtering Gateway.
6 >
7 > It would be great to add a disclaimer note to forwarded mails to an
8 > external domain. Since I'm already running amavisd-new, with all his
9 > friends, I was thinking to invite alterMIME to the party.
10
11 Is this so that people won't mark those messages as spam (thus pinning
12 the blame on your mail server)?
13
14 If so, let me assure you that it will be ignored. I've even called some
15 of our customers with forwarded addresses on the phone and personally
16 asked them to stop marking stuff as spam. They still ignore me.
19 > The tricky part is how to detected which messages are automatically
20 > forwarded to an external domain.
21
22 If this is a filtering gateway, I'm guessing all of your recipients are
23 listed in relay_recipient_maps? If so, you should be able to override
24 the default_transport (which defaults to smtp:).
25
26 For example, you could set up a disclaimer-only instance of amavis on
27 port 10029, and then set the default_transport to
28 smtp:[localhost]:10029. I would beware of unintended consequences,
29 though. You're liable to stick a disclaimer on some things by accident.