From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Challenging Update Question
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:13:42
1 Rebuild/upgrade on the redundant drive in a chroot
2 Rebuild elsewhere (local to you) on similar hardware and copy OS over.
3 I suspect though, that building a new system, getting it working and
4 shipping it as a black box would be the most low risk/effective
5 strategy.
6
7 Hint:
8 Setup grub to boot either os so local support only has to select which
9 disk to boot from if there is a failure.
12 BillK