From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] There should be a Handbook for installing Paravirtualized Gentoo Servers, do you agree?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 13:09:04
1 Okay, I just completed installing my 11th Gentoo server. Now I have a
2 running total of 6 servers on VMware Cloud, and 5 servers on
3 XenServer. (Still more to come, no worries; consider these as pilot
4 project).
5
6 Fact is, I did all (or at least the early ones) that by pure (and
7 painful) trial-and-error. Especially so since many useful tidbits of
8 info on the 'net is sadly out-of-date.
9
10 Considering that virtualized data center is the 'in' thing today,
11 shouldn't there be a Handbook for that? Or would a wiki entry suffice?
12 And if the latter, is Gentoo-wiki a good quasi-authoritative site?
13
14 I want to volunteer to write the relevant howto, with one caveat: I
15 have experience only with VMware Cloud and Citrix XenServer. For other
16 server-virtualization hypervisors, I have zero experience.
17
18 Rgds,
23 Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
24 My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/