From: frilled <frilled@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Can someone confirm? tg3 MTU issues.
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:38:31
1 Hi there,
2
3 > Ok, this is great. In saying that do you have any idea what I should look at?
4 >
5 Sorry - if I had I'd have said it. Possibly really specific to some
6 hardware? It worked on BCM5751 and BCM5703X here. I could test a BCM5701
7 (that would be glass, I think), but that'd need some time, since wiring
8 glass isn't really an easy thing to do here right now.
9
10 But the BCM5703X is the one giving you problems, and it works for me.
11 Those are actually the copper gbit cards in all our HP ProLiants.
12 Hmm. Very strange indeed. Your best guess might be a network tester
13 (like Fluke), I think. Does the switch log anything interesting to syslog?
14
15 Regards,
16
17 frilled