From: Wendall Cada <wendallc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:11:07
1 Nice thread. Several aspects of this have been discussed often over the
2 last few months. I'd like to add that the biggest performance saver for
3 me (using Courier) has been having a properly configured postfix with
4 spam and av filtering via amavisd-new. Without this, I'd be over-working
5 the IMAP server with crap. Even people who get alot of email every day,
6 only get at most a few hundred valid emails. So filtering the garbage
7 out before it ever gets to the delivery stage is one of the best
8 performance tunes you can do regardless of which imap server you use.
9
10 Wendall
13 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list