From: "Michael Stewart (vericgar)" <vericgar@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache configs? whats going on?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:38:55
1 Jeremy Brake wrote:
2 > Hey All,
3 >
4 > I've been plodding through all the official docs, and came across the
5 > "Upgrade Apache" doc, here:
6 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/apache-upgrading.xml
7 >
8 > This was probably all answered at the time, but I wasnt on the list to
9 > see it.
10 > When did this change get announced?
11 > What will happen if I dont revert back to an httpd.conf setup? ( I'm
12 > running 2.0.54-r8 )
13
14 This document doesn't apply to you, yet.
15 The document applies to upgrading to what is currently unstable apache
16 (2.0.54-r10 and above). In the next few weeks this will move into
17 stable, and these instructions will need to be followed to upgrade
18 without breaking your apache.
19
20 If you want to test the new-style apache, follow the instructions in
21 that document starting at the top (including the part about
22 package.keywords). If you run into problems, e-mail here, or join us on
23 IRC irc.freenode.net #gentoo-apache
26 Michael Stewart vericgar@g.o
27 Gentoo Developer http://dev.gentoo.org/~vericgar
28