From: Jeremy Brake <gentoolists@×××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Apache configs? whats going on?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:45:07
1 Hey All,
2
3 I've been plodding through all the official docs, and came across the
4 "Upgrade Apache" doc, here:
5 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/apache-upgrading.xml
6
7 This was probably all answered at the time, but I wasnt on the list to
8 see it.
9 When did this change get announced?
10 What will happen if I dont revert back to an httpd.conf setup? ( I'm
11 running 2.0.54-r8 )
12
13 Are there any slightly more verbose instructions for this? :
14 " If you have made changes to the previous default apache.conf and
15 commonapache.conf you will need to migrate your changes to
16 /etc/apache{|2}/httpd.conf. Also configuration locations for modules and
17 virtual hosts have changed -- they are now located in
18 /etc/apache2/modules.d and /etc/apache2/vhosts.d respectively."
19
20 ..changes? I spent hours changing little bits and pieces, and I dont see
21 an httpd.conf file anywhere. o_O
22 Will this do it?:
23 cat /etc/apache2/conf/apache.conf > /etc/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
24 cat /etc/apache2/conf/commonapache.conf >> /etc/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
25 mv /etc/apache2/conf/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf/old_apache.conf
26 mv /etc/apache2/conf/commonapache.conf
27 /etc/apache2/conf/old_commonapache.conf
28 /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
29
30 Cheers
31 Jeremy B