From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2013 webapp-config
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:23:53
1 On 04/23/2013 11:46 AM, Ryuichi KAWAMATA wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > My name is Ryuichi KAWAMATAl(in japanese "川又 龍一")
5 > In IRC, my name is "rkmathi."
6
7 Nice to meet you
8
9 > I want to submit proposal to GSoC 2013 "webapp-config"
10 >
11 > I checked up how to write proposal and wrote it.
12 > Could you check my proposal and give something advise?
13 >
14 > Next is my proposal.
15 > ---
16 > - Abstract
17 > It can maintain many web applications which is made from PHP and
18 > something, but it cannot maintain recently commonly-used applications.
19 > So, I want to implement "webapp-config for Ruby applications"[1] for
20 > conveniently.
21 >
22 > - Objective
23 > Webapp-config can use many web applications which is made from PHP and
24 > something, but it cannot use web applications which is implemented by
25 > Ruby.
26
27 Nothing prevents the current webapp-config to support non-php
28 applications as it is.
29
30 > So, I will implement this.
31 > In particular, I will implement to use Redmine[2] 1.4.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x,
32 > and GitLab[3] 5.x.
33
34 I'd rather have webapp-config enhanced to provide deployment
35 configurations for any rack application, possibly targeting uwsgi and
36 passenger. redmine and gitlab are good sample cases but I doubt it
37 should take that much time to craft a webapp-config compatible ebuild
38 for them.
39
40 lu