From: Ryuichi KAWAMATA <i@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: blueness@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2013 webapp-config
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:46:58
1 Hello,
2
3 My name is Ryuichi KAWAMATAl(in japanese "川又 龍一")
4 In IRC, my name is "rkmathi."
5 I want to submit proposal to GSoC 2013 "webapp-config"
6
7 I checked up how to write proposal and wrote it.
8 Could you check my proposal and give something advise?
9
10 Next is my proposal.
11 ---
12 - Abstract
13 It can maintain many web applications which is made from PHP and
14 something, but it cannot maintain recently commonly-used applications.
15 So, I want to implement "webapp-config for Ruby applications"[1] for
16 conveniently.
17
18 - Objective
19 Webapp-config can use many web applications which is made from PHP and
20 something, but it cannot use web applications which is implemented by
21 Ruby.
22 So, I will implement this.
23 In particular, I will implement to use Redmine[2] 1.4.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x,
24 and GitLab[3] 5.x.
25
26 - Deliverables
27 The goal is "Implementing webapp-config for Redmine and GitLab."
28 In particular, They will can install, update, and remove.
29 I will get confirmation to maintainer by e-mail, and to send pull
30 request to git repository[4].
31
32 - I define two periods, milestone 1 and milestone 2.
33 It call milestone 1 from start GSoC to mid-term evaluations.
34 I will implement Redmine in milestone 1.
35 It call milestone 2 from mid-term evaluations to pencils down date.
36 I will implement GitLab in milestone 2.
37 I write next concrete schedule.
38 -05/26 To check up something wrong in webapp-config by IRC and bugzilla.
39 05/27- (2weeks) Read the source code and trying some simple enhance to
40 prepare developing.
41 Milestone 1:
42 06/17- (1week) Milestone 1 starts. Checking up how to install Redmine
43 and automate installing.
44 06/24- (3weeks) Implementing webapp-config to use Redmine.
45 07/15- (1week) Testing in various environments and to check Redmine
46 can use in any place.
47 07/22- (1week) Being able to install, update, and remove Redmine. And
48 also create documentation.
49 07/29: mid-term evaluations.
50 Milestone 2:
51 08/05- (1week) Milestone 2 starts. Checking up how to install GitLab
52 and automate installing.
53 08/12- (3weeks) Implementing webapp-config to use GitLab.
54 09/02- (1week) Testing in various environments and to check GitLab can
55 use in any place.
56 09/09- (1week) Being able to install, update, and remove GitLab. And
57 also create documentation.
58 09/23: 'pencils down' date
59
60 - Biography
61 I am a third year undergraduate student majoring in information
62 science at University of Tsukuba in Japan.
63 I had used linux for three years, but I have started to use Gentoo
64 Linux on the recommendation of a friend from two years ago.
65 Currently I use Gentoo on my laptop computer and part-time job which
66 develops web applications.
67 And, I'm operating servers Redmine, GitLab and RoR applications at the company.
68 I also can develop web application whose framework are Sinatra, RoR, and Flask.
69 And I often write scripts by python in order to ease.
70 As activities in the external, I served tutor at "Security and
71 Programing Camp 2011"[5] and "Security Camp 2012"[6] which was
72 organized by Information-technology Promotion Agency[7].
73
74 [1]: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas/webapp-config
75 [2]: http://www.redmine.org/
76 [3]: http://gitlab.org/
77 [4]: git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/webapp-config.git
78 [5]: http://www.ipa.go.jp/jinzai/renkei/spcamp2011/
79 [6]: http://www.ipa.go.jp/jinzai/renkei/camp2012/
80 [7]: http://www.ipa.go.jp/index-e.html
81 ---