From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Prefix on Android
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 05:39:16
1 Hi Ashutosh,
2
3 Ashutosh Sathe <2ashutoshbs@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > I installed the Gentoo prefix on my Motorola Moto E running Android
6 > 7.1.2(homemade AospExtended ROM). I'm here to report that prefix works
7 > perfectly fine(Check attachment) Moto E comes with 4 GB internal SD
8 > card and I've adopted another 8 GB SD card on it.
9
10 Thank you! If possible, could you please add your report to
11
12 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Android/Devices ?
13
14 > I'm planning to build my few C based project using that prefix on my
15 > device. I hope that'll make me more comfortable with portage and
16 > Ebuilds. Am I going in right direction ?
17
18 Yes, that will help you get familiar with the environment.
19
20 Also install
21
22 > Secondly I also wanted to know the exact expected outcomes of this
23 > "Portage powered Android" project.
24
25 It's fully up to you to write your plans in the application.
26
27 For me, I imagine we can `emerge sys-libs/bionic` to compile and upgrade
28 the libc of Android at the end of this summer and optionally run X11
29 applications on Android natively (without VNC).
30
31 Yours,
32 Benda