From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC18: Interest in Rust Support Project
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:12:47
1 On 18/03/2018 17:04, Antonio Murdaca wrote:
2 > 2018-03-16 18:54 GMT+01:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
3 >> On 16/03/2018 18:37, Antonio Murdaca wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Hi everyone, my name's Antonio, I'm attending an online university in
6 >>> Italy (Uninettuno), studying to get my BS in Computer Engineer.
7 >>> I'm not a gentoo-full-time-user yet, but I'm slowly getting there
8 >>> since I love the project.
11 >>> Cheers guys!
12 >>>
13 >>
14 >> Hi and welcome!
15 >
16 > Thanks for the fast reply :)
19 >> In line with https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Ideas
20 >> this project has some requirements:
21 >>
22 >> - you have to interact with our community (that means you'll have to fix an
23 >> issue on in our bugzilla and send a pull request about it (and CC me))
24 >
25 > does the bz need to be related to rust? unsure which bz to pick up, do
26 > you have further pointers? :)
27
28 There isn't a special need, but gives bonus points :)
29
30 You can prepare an ebuild of a new rust program, prepare an issue about
31 bugzilla and solve it yourself if you cannot find anything that
32 interests you.
33
34 >> - you have to interact with the rust community (that means that you should
35 >> look for easy tasks to complete for rustup and/or cargo and CC me @lu-zero)
38 > I've created a PR for rustup here and cc'ed you already
39 > https://github.com/rust-lang-nursery/rustup.rs/pull/1379
40 >
41 >> If you have any question or you need help please send an email here or
42 >> contact me on IRC on the gentoo-soc channel :)
43 >>
44 >> lu