From: Antonio Murdaca <antoniomurdaca@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC18: Interest in Rust Support Project
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:04:38
1 2018-03-16 18:54 GMT+01:00 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>:
2 > On 16/03/2018 18:37, Antonio Murdaca wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi everyone, my name's Antonio, I'm attending an online university in
5 >> Italy (Uninettuno), studying to get my BS in Computer Engineer.
6 >> I'm not a gentoo-full-time-user yet, but I'm slowly getting there
7 >> since I love the project.
10 >> Cheers guys!
13 > Hi and welcome!
14
15 Thanks for the fast reply :)
18 > In line with https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Ideas
19 > this project has some requirements:
20 >
21 > - you have to interact with our community (that means you'll have to fix an
22 > issue on in our bugzilla and send a pull request about it (and CC me))
23
24 does the bz need to be related to rust? unsure which bz to pick up, do
25 you have further pointers? :)
26
27 > - you have to interact with the rust community (that means that you should
28 > look for easy tasks to complete for rustup and/or cargo and CC me @lu-zero)
31 I've created a PR for rustup here and cc'ed you already
32 https://github.com/rust-lang-nursery/rustup.rs/pull/1379
33
34 > If you have any question or you need help please send an email here or
35 > contact me on IRC on the gentoo-soc channel :)
36 >
37 > lu
43 Antonio Murdaca