From: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 08:03:42
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 Most of my work in this week revolved around bringing a `bootstrap-init`
4 [1] for, as the name suggests, sets up the environment for
5 System-as-Root Android inside the LXC container and finally exec's the
6 Android init.
7 What this essentially means is that now we can use SharkBait on SAR
8 devices (Android 9+).
9 The process of setting SharkBait up for such devices is a bit different
10 and I am currently in discussion with my mentors for possible design
11 flows in order to make it easier for Porters and Users.
12
13 I will be integrating all my work in SharkBait and quickly transition
14 into working on Android's build systems mid-week, in this week.
15
16 Thanks,
17 Gunwant
20 [1] https://gitlab.com/WantGuns/bootstrap-init