From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Portage Powered Android
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 07:10:40
1 Hi Gunwant,
2
3 Gunwant Jain <therealgunwant@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > Most of my work in this week revolved around bringing a
6 > `bootstrap-init` [1] for, as the name suggests, sets up the
7 > environment for System-as-Root Android inside the LXC container and
8 > finally exec's the Android init.
9
10 > What this essentially means is that now we can use SharkBait on SAR
11 > devices (Android 9+). The process of setting SharkBait up for such
12 > devices is a bit different and I am currently in discussion with my
13 > mentors for possible design flows in order to make it easier for
14 > Porters and Users.
15 >
16 > I will be integrating all my work in SharkBait and quickly transition
17 > into working on Android's build systems mid-week, in this week.
18
19 Good job. Now that android is inside LXC guest and controled by Gentoo,
20 we can switch our gears.
21
22 Yours,
23 Benda