From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] native-clang: weekly report #2
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 11:58:23
1 On 11/06/16 13:46, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > On 6/11/16 7:23 AM, Lei Zhang wrote:
3 >> Hi there!
4 >>
5 >> Progress this week:
6 >> - be able to bootstrap a freestanding clang and make it work on a musl
7 >> based system
8 >> - experiment with NetBSD's crtbegin/end files and they appear to work correctly
9 >> - send the first set of patches to clang/LLVM, which enables clang to
10 >> build binaries agains musl
11 >>
12 >> Plan for next week:
13 >> - figure out a reasonable patch which allows clang/LLVM to be built against musl
14 >> - think about how to package the clang + musl based toolchain
15 >> - try to prepare a GNU-free stage3 system
16 >
17 > I'm not sure what you mean by "package the clang + musl based toolchain"
18 > but the stage3 is how we distribute working a toolchain in Gentoo.
19
20 At very least:
21
22 - package the crt from netbsd